Job Title: Apprentice Insurance Broker
Department: General Operations, Various Departments commencing with Personal Lines
Reports to: Line Manager
Location: Dublin 2, City Centre. Green Luas Line
We have a vacancy in our Personal Lines Department. We are looking for an ambitious and talented individual who shows the potential to develop into a high performing business professional.
Overall purpose of the role
To acquire the necessary skills, knowledge and capability over the course of three years (following a probationary period), enabling the individual to become a CIP qualified, experienced Insurance Practitioner equipped with a Level 8 honours degree. The aim of this programme is to provide a long term career option for the successful individual giving them the practical experience needed to work in all areas of the Brokerage.
The Apprenticeship Scheme
This opportunity is a three year fixed term contract apprentice scheme that provides exposure to all aspects of our business, allowing you to develop your technical expertise as well as professional skills.
Role specific attributes
- Flexible with an ability to adapt to the changing conditions
- Extremely well organised with excellent time management skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and work under pressure in a busy environment
- Teamwork essential and the ability to cross over multi-teams with ease
- Business literacy and numeracy; report writing, email writing, use of spreadsheets
- Acquire new skills in each area relevant to your success in the position
- Assist the relevant team with the processing of documentation within their areas
- Follow good practice in ensuring the client’s best interests are served when dealing with clients
- Learn the key aspects of the Consumer Protection Code and Central Bank Compliance requirements
- Acquire knowledge on Insurer panels and learn about maintaining key relationships with them
- Learn about the relevant product offerings within each area
- Develop relevant IT skills on the systems used in-house
- Attend the online courses as required and various education days in Dublin or Sligo.
- Study to ensure the best chance of success for the educational programme.
- Adhere to the Company’s compliance as outlined in staff handbook and procedures manual
- Adhere to health & safety policy
- Effective diary management
Qualifications – minimum entry requirements
- Mature students – if over 23 years there are no minimum educational requirements
- FETAC Level 5 qualification holders
- Under 23 – Leaving certificate, minimum of 140 points to include Maths and English/Irish with specific requirements on grades/levels*
*more information can be viewed on the III website – https://www.iii.ie/apprenticeships